She's still with us

This was my Mom's song. I had to have it in our home!


She never said it was her song, but right after she died I flipped on some music 
and this was the hymn that played. I know it was her message to us.

And I wanted these words written big and bold in my life.
I miss my Mom today more than usual. 
So I watched this video again from a million years ago.


 It was about 1957. Just me and my 2 brothers back then. The other 5 weren't born yet. 

And my Uncle Don is in this too....(he said the last house call he knows of occurred Dec 8, 1929 
when Dr. O. M. Goodall arrived for the delivery of his little sister Gaynor!)




On April 15, 2007, I looked at my Mom lying there, already having passed into the next 
world. I realized more than ever before just how blessed I was to have been raised by her. 


She gave us a firm foundation to build our lives upon. 



There was never any question to what she was about.



Her goodness, her purity would be with her, and all of us, forever.

4 comments:

Dad said...

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Scrapally said...

So cute and sweet! I love the song on the wall.

Ammy said...

I received your card today! THANK YOU! I really need to start blogging again and reading the ones I used to read on a daily basis. I am starting from where Scarlet was born...because I need to catch up. Everyone, ESPECIALLY the twins have grown up!

sweetjeanette said...

What a precious post! My dad is in heaven, but mom is still with me. There are so many precious hymns and scriptures she loves. I, too, am so thankful for the rich memories of love they both showed us.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...