Going back to 1962

My latest find.
Back in March of 1962 my Dad went to Allstate Insurance training school 
in Menlo Park for 3 weeks.

Mom and the 5 of us kids stayed behind at home in Fresno
We were about this age....

I was surprised to find out yesterday that it was only 3 weeks Dad was gone, 
because I was 7 1/2 at the time and it felt like he was gone for 6 months!

We all wrote letters to him.....

Richard 9, Jill 7, John 5, and Robin 3. Peggy was just a baby so nothing from her. 

I'll start with Richard's...


This one is from 2nd grader me....


Next up, my Mom's side of the story....


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Richard had very nice handwriting. Don't see that very much any more.
darlene

Karen Mortensen said...

That was so cute. Love the letters.

grandmapeg said...

Cute letters and nice cursive writing. I thought it was funny how you signed your last name, only because Nick used to do that all of the time on his cards and notes to us and his siblings :-)

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite posts. Mother and children are adorable. And those letters are such nice remembrances. Your heart must be overflowing with joy to have these memories. pjc

Susan Anderson said...

Those letters could not be sweeter! And what a cute family picture, too.

=)

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...