Some of my favorites lately



1.  Kleenex Perfect Fit

I don't know about you, but I struggle with tissues in my car.
Something about driving makes me sneeze. Or I need to wipe my lipstick off or something.
Or one of the grandkids in the back seat says suddenly, "I need a tissue."

I either I have to lean over to the other side and grab the box of tissues off the floor....or I have to
reach over to the passenger seat and reach for tissue out of my purse.

Now, I just keep one of these in the extra cup holder.

They are right where I need them.
You may think they are a little pricey at $6.99 for a 4 pack (VONS)
but convenience, and even safety, is worth it.


2. All Cheerios are now gluten free!

When I first went gluten free 3 1/2 years ago, one of the hardest things to give up was a bowl of 
Cheerios late at night.Now, finally they are all gluten free! 
I've lost my interest in Cheerios, but just in case it ever comes back, I can eat them now.
And so can every other GF person.


3. Six Frozen Cheeries

I don't necessarily buy this brand, but I read somewhere a long while ago
 that eating 6 cherries is like taking one aspirin. 
So I keep frozen cherries around for when we have pain, and whirl them in smoothies.
And it seems to work.
They are also good for sleep....having a natural melatonin affect.


4. The Wet Brush


Since discovering this, I can now comb through my granddaughters' hair with no problem 
at all. Wet or dry. I even gave one to Elora who is 13. She loves it but she admitted later 
that when I first gave it to her she "had low expectations." Not sure what that says about 
me, but she said again last week that this brush works really well.


5. Microfiber drying mat

I use to lay dishtowels on my counter to dry things that didn't go into the dishwasher.
This mat has been life changing for me. No more soaked dishtowels on my counter, 
and things dry so much quicker. It's like the microfiber sucks the moisture up, yet the mat stays dry.
Not sure how it works, but it does. 


6. Silver Shield Rescue Gel


We've just recently discovered this and it's already helped a few skin issues.
For example, I had a patch of rough skin on my face. Over the course of a many weeks I'd tried 
several ointments on it. NOTHING would even phase it. So then I used this Silver Shield, and over 
night it was better. And by the 2nd night, it was GONE. 

I also put it on my swollen and red toe. Each day I use it, the next morning it's noticeably better. 
Dennis has started using it on his scraped up bruised arm last night. We shall see.

7. Closet Dividers

This one we need a little work on. 

I thought by labeling exactly where his clothes go, he would hang them up right.

Just days later we have this.


Not working so well for the husband.

But labeling works for me. I've been into it lately.

Having a name and a place for something takes the brain work away, even when I'm in a hurry.


Otherwise I tend to throw things where ever they will fit.
Especially when I have little people with me.

I don't have the organizing gene. But labeling things, seems to bypass that for me.  


2 comments:

Ammy said...

It has been forever since I have read your blog....taking me a while to get caught up, but you blog is my favorite....

Scrapally said...

I love that you share some of your favorites from time to time. I enjoy them and even go try some of them! thanks! You are VERY organized. My husband would never go for that much organization of HIS things ever.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...