I'd choose this one

Even as an adult, my Mom use to go to most all my Dr appts with me. 
Or when I took my boys to their appts. For years and years. Decades really.
I'd use about any excuse to be with her.

Sometimes I would be dazzled by the newer more high tech offices. 
But Mom would roll her eyes and say under her breath, "But you're paying for all this."

So I learned to appreciate the more modest offices. And I came to prefer older and wiser, over young
and higher tech. And NOT just for the money I would save.

Six years ago I broke my foot while quiltting. My podiatrist at Kaiser said it happened because my
arches are too high. He suggested I find a podiatrist outside of Kaiser to make special orthotics for my
shoes. (Kaiser doesn't offer orthotics.)

I put this off for 6 years.

Finally I called this office:

It was sprinkling that day so they left their door wide open so we could all smell the rain, I guess.



Dr Penman took cement molds of my feet. 
Then I waited about 2 weeks

and returned to get my orthotics.
It took about a week or so to adjust to them, but now my feet are SO comfy.
Why did I suffer all those years with aching feet? 

No more having to suddenly toss my shoes off wherever I go. 
And going barefoot caused another kind of pain. 

Thank you Dr Penman. You are the best thing that has ever happened to my feet.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you found something that helped.
darlene

Richard said...

You need to find a less high risk hobby than quilting.

grandmapeg said...

I had forgotten all about you breaking your foot while quilting. I'm glad you have comfortable feet now. It's the top of my feet that have hurt the last couple of years.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...