Didn't see this one coming


This was so strange.
So I noticed the salon was very quiet. 
Much more so than usual. I asked Teresa, 
who was cutting my hair, where everyone was because 
looking all around me I couldn't see a soul. 

She said they had all left home for the day. 

So while Teresa was trimming, I started talking about 
Dennis…how we are in the process of cleaning out his 
make-do office down our hall,and creating a more functional 
office for him right off our front door. I said to Teresa, 
"This is hard because I know nothing about 
organizing an office."
Just as I finished that last sentence, 
a woman came out of nowhere and 
handed me a pamphlet and said, "Here."

My jaw dropped. All was quiet, and then I asked, 
"WHERE did you come from?"
Like she had just fallen out of the sky. 

The woman explained she is a manicurist and had just 

finished her last client for the day, and heard us talking. 
She must have been working behind a wall. 
I asked this suddenly appearing woman, 
"Have you heard the saying 'When the student is ready 
the teacher will appear?' I never thought it would be so 
literal. This is crazy."
So then she says,
"If you want any references just let me know."
I gave the pamphlet right back to her and said, 
"Yes, write the references on here!"
If nothing else, it will be learning experience for us. 
The students are ready. 
I just need to talk one of the students into it.


 Den completed the painting this morning…
Revere Pewter again. We love it.

I've never known anyone to hire an organizer.
I wonder if this really does help, or is organization all a 
matter of personal preference??

5 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

My husband is a natural-born organizer, but if it were up to me alone, we'd have to hire someone.

Sounds like manna from heaven to me.

=)

Anonymous said...

Steve's office is always a huge mess. But, he claims he knows right where everything is. Once Nathen offered to help him organize. They went through every piece of paper in the place and filed it into new files. Steve complained for weeks afterward that he couldn't find anything (he says it's because he had a fever the days that they were working on the office and couldn't even remember the whole event!) A year later, the office was right back to where it had been before the cleanup. Steve just has his way of doing things, as imperfect as it is, and probably will never change. I've heard other people say the same thing happened to them.
It looks like Den is not nearly so disorganized.
darlene

Grandma Honey said...

Den is very organized in his head…always does everything he needs to, is never late with anything or for anyone, is highly productive….however….his office does NOT look like he is all those things. I should send you a picture.

Karen Mortensen said...

I have never hired one but would love to. I have always wanted to be one too.

Anonymous said...

By the way, my office is always a mess too. So I'm not pointing fingers. I think that's one of the many reasons Steve and I have so much tolerance for each other. In fact, we get along great!
darlene

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...