Karen's Quinoa Burrito Bowl

Does this not look good?!
So it's not our picture, but it's what Karen made 
for us yesterday for dinner.

I loved it so much that I hid away the tiny bit of leftovers so I could have more later.



Karen made this for us last year when we were in Portland 
and I loved it so much I asked if she would make it while here.  
And our very sweet girl said YES of course!




The only difference she made to the recipe is 
omitting the lettuce... and she used chicken broth in the quinoa 
instead of just water. 

And I had a little chicken left over from our potato bar 
a few days ago, so I added that to the toppings. 
(We didn't need the chicken but Dennis thinks it's not dinner without meat. So it made him happy.)


Thank you Karen for another wonderful meal!

Then after church today Karen put some of the leftover toppings 
from last night, over her tuna sandwich. She also sprinkled some 
celery salt over that….and it was DELISH….



 I know, because I tried the same thing.



Next up, Tyler's meal. He's cooking as I write this.


Do I have a great life or what.


5 comments:

K Raven Rozier, MA, HHP, MH said...

That looks yummy!

Grandma Honey said...

You would love this Raven! No doubt.

Scrapally said...

how do you get your kids to come visit AND make the meals?! That is awesome! Can't wait to see what Tyler made...

Grandma Honey said...

I think I'm just lucky Allyson. And just when I think they have gone way overboard in all they do in the kitchen while here, Karen says to me today that she wants to make dinner again before they leave!

grandmapeg said...

I agree with Scrapally...how do you get your kids to cook when they come to visit??? They spoil you for sure! The meals you have shown look delicious!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...