Split Pea Soup and cornbread muffins

Such a good dinner McKenna made for us a few nights ago.

I've made lots of Split Pea Soups over the years, but this one McKenna made last night was THE best.
So hearty and healthy with red potatoes, onions, and carrots in it. And cheap to make.
We didn't miss the meat, at all.
Look HERE for the recipe.




And if that wasn't enough, she made some very tasty corn muffins.
Find that recipe HERE.


My Dad and Susan seemed to enjoy it, too.


How could I have left my Dad out of the picture above? 

Good I took this shot below with his great granddaughter, Scarlett. 


Her big brother Grant vetoed the soup, but Scarlett loved it so much she ate it for lunch 2 days in a row. 
See how happy she looks? But I don't think it's all because of the soup.
She's pretty much in love with her parents.

6 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Great pictures.

Richard said...

That settles it, I'm planning a trip to Portland

Scrapally said...

How nice of her to cook dinner! It all looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipes too. That is a plus to all the cute pictures!

McKenna Heasley said...

I love that picture of Grandpa and Scarlett! I need a copy! :)

Susan Anderson said...

Looks yummy.

And I think I may be in love with Scarlett's parents, too. They are such a cute family.

=)

Ashley said...

In the past week I made both the Thai salad and the pea soup. Both were delicious! Even Sarah loved the pea soup. So filling and healthy and inexpensive and easy to make. It is sure to be a staple in our diet this winter!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...