Good news with Dad and Susan


I was planning on spending the day and night with my Dad, 
while Susan was having a test done with a possible overnight stay. …
(by the way, I was so happy to see him sitting in a real chair that I had to take a picture.)


 But my Dad got the good news phone call about 9:30 saying she and would be coming
home in 3 hours! What a relief for them both!
(Just a friendly reminder to Susan: Remember, the doctor said you need to stay in bed for 3 days.)


Tom, his helper, was here this morning, as always, and said to me,
"Jill, you'll want to take a picture of this." and proceeded to help my Dad walk….



 After breaking his back in 2012, and the subsequent surgery, 
he was told he would probably never walk again.

Very exciting for me to see! He's always had incredible determination. It's just who he is.
I can't imagine what it must feel like to be 'practicing' upright after being in a chair for 20 months.





Then Tom showed me in the Fresno Bee this morning about the Boston Marathon mentioning Dad's
name. He's run 15 Boston Marathons plus other marathons elsewhere. 
Not to mention breaking the worlds record for his age division back in 1989 for a 24 hour race.

So this should not surprise me now…..


He made a goal of learning to walk in 2014. He's on his way!
I keep thinking of what he said on the News many years ago: 
"I think we all operate far below our capacities." 


11 comments:

Richard said...

Wow, that's really something...better hide his running shoes

Anonymous said...

Praise God from whom all Blessings flow!!! Tears, many tears of joy. This is beyond awesome!! Thank you God! And thank you, Jill, for sharing.

pjc

Karen Mortensen said...

This is all so awesome. Glad they are both doing well. I love their house. Could you do a post of it?

Anonymous said...

Good news all around!
darlene

Nate and Julie said...

I love this post for so many reasons. I especially love the quote at the end. That is something I need to remind myself of often. I feel so blessed to have such an inspirational man as my grandpa!

McKenna Heasley said...

That is amazing! and such good news about Susan! I love the quote by Grandpa Rozier at the end. I haven't been able to get it out of my mind since I read it.

Susan Anderson said...

Absolutely wonderful news!

=D

Tamara said...

Wonderful news! The current news of course, and of prior news. What an inspiration your father is and I agree with McKenna - I can't get his quote out of my mind.

Scrapally said...

this was wonderful to read! His quote is going in my quote book! Hope Susan rests well and I look forward to more updates!

grandmapeg said...

That is great news about your dad. It is fun to see pictures of him starting to walk again. And I also love his quote.

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

I adore you Dad...I mean, what's not to love?

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...