What happened the night the twins went home

You may know that I had our grandtwins for several days last week while their parents were in the
Bahamas. My SIL Wendy was also staying with us for a few days. It's always fun to have her here.
Laughing and talking fun. But we had one little problem this time. 

Because I can't quite trust the twins yet, specifically one of them who is incredibly like her Dad at this
age….we do not go to sleep around here unless our house alarm in set to ON. That way if Miss Téa
decides to leave in the middle of the night, we will know right away. Not that she has EVER tried to do
that, but since she has no fear, and she completely has a mind of her own, I don't chance it.

So poor Wendy had to have a curfew while she was here, so we could set the alarm and go to sleep.
We would text her when it was time to come home….right in the middle no doubt of some great
conversation with friends she doesn't get to see very often. She was really good about it, and amazingly
still loves us and still leaves little hearts on text messages to us. Whew.

However... I want to tell you what happened after the twins went home on Tuesday. They knew their
parents would be coming home late that night. SO excited with the thought of seeing their parents after
9 long days without them.

But the twins couldn't wait up.  They had long since been in dreamland by the time their parents
returned home @ 10:40 pm.

About 3 am, Logan gets up and is in the bathroom. Amy still in bed, probably not completely awake,
suddenly hears what sounds like someone knocking on their bedroom window from outside. She's
thinking, No, that can't be. Then she wakes up more, and hears it again. This is not a good sign in the
middle of the night and she feels panic.

Then she hears the outside door open and close. Then footsteps down the hall. She peers into the
hallway to see what was going on, and it was Téa! Turns out Téa said she had knocked on their
bedroom door and when they didn't answer she went OUTSIDE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT
to knock on their bedroom window! By the time Amy found her in the hallway Téa was crying and
shivering. So Amy took into bed with her and Logan.

(Kylie told Amy the next morning that she heard Téa outside in the middle of the night and told her to
come back inside! So thankful the noise woke up Kylie.)

This story was creepy for me to even hear about. Téa is a girl who won't even go to the bathroom alone
during the daytime, but will get up in the night and go OUTSIDE by herself. It scared us all.

But in a strange sort of round about way, it also shows how much she loves her parents and would do
just about anything to be back with them again.




Violet, Jonas, and Téa playing yesterday. This has nothing to do with the story above. 
I just like it.
Thank you Heidi G for the around the world Barbies. The grandkids LOVE them. 




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of something that happened with Ollie yesterday. I drove up to our house and stopped. Immediately I heard a knock on the passenger side door. I looked and couldn't see anything. Then I heard, "Nana Honey!" My heart leaped into my throat. It was Ollie. But I HADN'T SEEN HIM! Where did he come from? I was really upset and scared that I hadn't seen him. Turns out, Maya was nearby and had seen the whole thing and said there had been no danger. He had followed my car when he saw me coming and he was at a safe distance. But STILL, I hadn't seen him at all. Made me resolve to be even more watchful than I already am.
darlene

Karen Mortensen said...

Oh my. Glad everything turned out okay.

Richard said...

Wendy thought Dennis was making a fuss over her by staying up and waiting...she was flattered. She loved seeing the twins interact.

Eileen said...

Yikes! That is scary ~ and sweet too!

'Love all your family stories!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...