Nourishing our bodies and our spirits

I always love it when I find this classy magazine in my mail box each month.


It's put on by our church and basically it has articles on how to be happy.
I especially appreciated the article this month on page 69, "Nourishing our Bodies and our Spirits."

Notice the part I highlighted. 


Yay!! Encouraging healthier snacks and desserts at church activities and socials! 

I always feel guilty when I would give the young women (ages 12-18) junk food for snacks. 
And now that I get to be with the Activity Girls (ages 8-11) 
I would feel even worse giving them a bunch of empty sugary calories before bedtime 
(we meet from 7-8pm).  

But something I have noticed over the years….not always, 
but usually teenagers and children get more excited about healthier snacks. 
They absolutely devour raw vegetables and fruits. Who would have thought!

So off I went tonight to be with the Activity Girls….with their snacks in hand.
The girls seemed pleased, even though a few were disappointed I didn't bring
the apple slices dipped in lime juice like last time.


To read the entire article you can go here.


3 comments:

Scrapally said...

I love the Ensign too and read it from cover to cover every month. I haven't received the March issue yet, but it was the headline on our local news last night. I guess I am not quite used to Utah yet. the talk by Tad Callister on Modesty has all these women in an uproar. It's so ridiculous. They are saying it sets women back 35 years. I don't suppose I will ever adjust completely to Utah. I like the snacks you provide..that's not even required and you do it...so thoughtful!

Grandma Honey said...

Long ago i use to read it cover to cover, but not anymore. I want to though, and I should. I hadn't heard that about the March issue. But now, I'm curious….It sounds like it might be a matter of people shooting themselves in the foot. Crazy the battles some choose to get into.

Rebecca said...

I think it is great you are bringing healthy snacks for your girls! We have this man at church who hands out candy all day on Sundays and it is very annoying to most of the parents of young children. Hopefully he will read this!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...