Dr. Jay Karsevar

Jan 3, 1936 - Aug 23, 2013

Our dear friend, Jay Karsevar, passed from this life yesterday afternoon.
He's the one on the far right, next to his sweet as they come, wife, Patty.
The Karsevars are like family to me.
After my first husband died they spent time with me every single day for weeks and weeks. 

And we had many gatherings like this.


And when I married Dennis, they included him with open arms.


Patty and Jay have been married 48 years!


Patty and Jay's daughter, Wendy, is my angel friend.
She went through so much with me....she was there every step of the way.

Wendy had this to say on Facebook this morning about her Dad:

"With tears & broken hearts, we sent him home today to soar with the angels & reunite with his loved ones who left us too soon. Larger than life, a heart the size of Texas, he was the toughest man we ever knew. He was Jersey shore long before there was reality TV. Rest in peace, Skip, sweet peace. We will love you forever."


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely tribute, Jill. I enjoyed seeing you and Den when you were younger!
darlene

Anonymous said...

I question the year of his birth, though.
darlene

Grandma Honey said...

I'm glad you caught that, Darlene. 1996 was the year Bill died so maybe I was thinking of that. I just fixed it, so thank you!

Karen Mortensen said...

What a nice post. What his daughter said was so sweet.

grandmapeg said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your dear friend. I know how much that family means to you. It was a very nice tribute.

Anonymous said...

That was a very sweet tribute from both you and from Wendy! I loved the pictures. I didn't realize you were so close to the Karsevars.

Heidi

Ammy said...

Oh my goodness! Thanks for this post! I didn't know the Karsevars, but I heard John talk, nothing but good, about them. He will be sad. I loved the pictures. I loved seeing the Martins. Are they still around?

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...