Book Club #2

Interesting looking line up. What do you think? Have you read any of these? 

January 10th
The Happiness Project
by Gretchen Rubin

February 7th
Catherine the Great
by Robert K. Massey

March 7th
Heaven is Here
Stephanie Nielson

April 11th
Minor Adjustments
by Richelle Andersno

May 2nd
The Remarkable Juliette Low: 
The Founder of The Girl Scouts
by Stacy Cordery

June 6th
Faith Behind the Fences: 
A True Story of Survival in a Japanese Prison Camp
by Kelly Dispirito Taylor

July 11th
The President's Lady
by Irving Stone

AUGUST -- NO BOOK CLUB

September 5th
Sacajawea
by Anna Lee Waldo

October 10th
Why Faith Matters
by David J. Wolpe

November. 7th
The Good Earth
Pearl S. Buck

December 5th
Two From Galilee: The Story of Mary and Joseph
by Marjorie Holmes


The only one I think I will pass up is June's selection.
It actually sounds interesting to me, but being the wimp that I am, it'd give me nightmares. 
I'm especially looking forward to Apr, May, and Oct. 

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love hearing what other book clubs are reading!
I have read "Two From Galilee" and love it.
"The Good Earth", liked that too, but was a sad book to me.
I did not care for "Heaven is Here" at all!
I am reading and enjoying "Happiness Project" right now.
I would also like to read Sacajawea!
Lizzy's bookclub is reading "Remembering Isaac".


Scrapally said...

The happiness project is on my to-read list, and heaven is here is on it too. i have not heard of or read any of the others...so please share your reviews! well, i have heard of pearl s. buck but have never read any of her books. My aunt loves her books.

Anonymous said...

I like that lineup! I've only read one of them: Good Earth. I read it in high school. Really good!Thanks for sharing this. I'll read them!
darlene

Karen Mortensen said...

They all sound pretty good. I am with you on the June one. Those kind of stories tear me up.

Grandma Honey said...

Rebecca~ I'm very curious why you didn't like Heaven is Here. I'd also love to know what you think about The Happiness Project when you finish it. That was one of my all time favorite books ever.

Scrapally~ I thought you might be a member of this 2nd book club. I was hoping so!

Darlene~ Thanks for the heads up on Good Earth. Makes me wonder how many other good ones I've been missing.

Karen~The June one would leave me with images in my head I don't think I could get rid of.


Scrapally said...

They meet during the day so i can't attend...otherwise I woulde be there! Please post all your reviews!

grandmapeg said...

I read The Good Earth in high school and remember that I enjoyed that and of course upon your recommendation I read The Happiness Project and enjoyed that. Let me know if you like Sacajawea. I don't know why but I've always been fascinated by her.

Susan Anderson said...

The Good Earth is a good one, as I recall. Haven't read the rest except Nie's book.

=)

Lisa said...

Looking at the list it seemed like all the books were the types you like! How funny that June was your skip while that was the one that stood out for me. Maybe because my Dad & his family were there but he never talked about his experiences. I would love to hear first hand how they really felt. The only person I met who was there was at Carlene Mitchel's store one day & she told me she was so young; she had no idea she was in a prison camp at all. As far as she was concerned life was great! Anyways...thanks for sharing!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...