1 link and 2 products


Of all the reviews of the Woman Conference last Saturday, this one is my favorite.
Very honest. I think I will call it Upclose and Personal. 
Read it here.








Also, I've discovered  2 products this past month and they really do work, at least for me:

Earlier this week my shoulder was hurting all day. 
Not as bad as it was last June, but bad enough that I was icing it off and on all day long. 
Finally Den remembered some stuff his son Keith uses for his bad knee....Epsom Lotion. 
I have a few friends who swear by Epsom Salts in their bath water for aches and pains 
so I assume this is the same principle.
He offered to go hunt some down for me and came home with this CVS brand.
It worked like a charm. I was amazed.
I've only had this one try with it, so time will tell.
but Keith uses it everyday on his bad knee and says the relief is near immediate.

I've heard this product has annoying commericals although I've never seen them.
Normally I put  Peppermint oil on my head if it hurts, and about 20-30 minutes later the pain is gone. 
But I sometimes I don't want to smell like peppermint,
so I thought I'd finally try this HeadON recommended by a friend.
About 10 minutes or so later (I didn't really time it) my head started feeling tingly and soothing. 
Another 10 minutes after that my headache was history. 
And it never came back that evening.

8 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely try both!

=)

cristie said...

thanks for the "head's up" ... i know ;)

happy to hear you're feeling better. xox

Ammy said...

I needed to read her blog today. I have felt that EXACT way about John before...it felt so good to know that I am not the only one that feels the way she did! ANY it was my favorite review too!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

So glad I came by here tonight because my back pain could use something other than these pain pills. I will look for these.
Love
Maggie

Darlene said...

That is so neat to get personal recommendations for two products that I will certainly try. I don't get headaches very often (thank heavens) but I do get the shoulder back, knees and legs, so will definitely give this a try. I got two great recommendations for bio freeze for pain from my blogger friends and I tried it and believe me, it does work. The only thing is that it doesn't work for as long as I would like it to. When I apply it at night, it is so great to go to bed with that wonderful soothing feeling and it lasts until I can get to sleep, so that is great. When I apply it in the datime, it seems to last about 45 minutes. I hope your Epsom lotion lasts longer. Thanks.

grandmapeg said...

I have never heard of this but I will definitely look for it. Thanks for the tip!

McKenna Heasley said...

I have been having quite a bit of back pain since I had Grant. I'm excited to try the Epsom lotion!!

Lisa said...

I really loved this post! First off, that link to the girl's blog @ the notes she took in RS GC was an awesome read. Your remedies is exactly what I was thinking this week "should" be on the market.

I've been having arthritic type problems with my hands & stuff & thought, "If progesterone can be transmitted transdermally, why not some lotion for pain????" VOILA! Here's my answer! I hope. : ) THX!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...