Happenings with the local grandchildren

Austin (guy on left) with his Prom date Rachel Burnett. 
And this wasn't just any Prom Night. No. 
This was a modest Prom night put on by our church. 
No worries about alcohol being brought in or inappropriate music. 
Proof they can have more fun without it.


  
Wait, there's more.
Lauren getting her Honor Roll award!!

Macie, too!!



And, Elora with her awards.
As I was trying to take her picture I yelled up to her: 
"Take the certificate away from your face!" 

  Elora told me later she thought I was saying, 
"Step away from your place!" 
which is why she said to me:
"Grandma Honey, we can never step away from our place when we are getting awards!"

And even though the next one is not my grandchild, 
I sort of feel like she is.
Jenny Pauline Mendoza and her new baby daughter
...I went to see this week.
Pheather Grace Mendoza 
2 weeks, 2 days old
Isn't she beautiful?
And if you knew Jenny's mom Deedee you would know she would have bought this outfit for Pheather. 
I often think of Deedee when I see little rosebuds.

And who should I run into as I was walking into church today...
(and they were just leaving...they attend the ward just before ours)
Téa and Jonas were very cooperative about posing.

However...
It was a short lived moment.
What do I expect? They turned TWO last week.
Have I ever said how much I love 2 year olds?
It's my favorite age of all.

The bad news is, they BOTH learned to climb OUT of their CRIBS this weekend.
BOTH on the same day. How could this be???
It's not like they can talk giving the other one instructions!
Out of their bedroom they came TOGETHER saying "Hi" to their parents.
They have done this MANY times since then.
ALWAYS coming out TOGETHER.
Somehow they are plotting!

And yet, they look so harmless.

16 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

The twins look so cute in their yellow outfits! (Time for once of those wonderful crib tents!)

I LOVE Mormon prom! And your cute grandkids.

And Elora is just about perfect, in my book.

=)

Susan Anderson said...

test

Grandma Honey said...

Really Sue...they have such things as crib tents??

Susan Rozier said...

It is so fun to see these darling pictures of so many of your grands and/or our greats. We really enjoyed them. Goodbye to cribs I guess. The time finally comes. Thanks for these family photos--we love them. Love, Dad and Susan

Karen Mortensen said...

You must be so proud. It seems like you have cornered the market on wonderful and cute grandkids.

Natalie said...

You really do have stunning grandchildren and that baby is so adorable! I agree about two year olds. Austin is newly two and I LOVE this age! Those yellow outfits are so cute.

Karen Mortensen said...

PS. Do you think Amy would let the twins come over and play with me? They are so adorable.

grandmapeg said...

Beautiful grandchildren! They are all growing up so fast!

Fisher Family Fun said...

Rebecca went to the LDS Prom also! She had a blast and I did not have to worry all night long!!

Eileen said...

Oh, Jill, I just wrote you a long comment, catching up on some of your posts, but Blogger gave me a message saying it was unable to fulfill my request, whatever that means.
I hope the comment went through.

Anyway, I want to make sure to wish a very Happy Easter to you and your family. Enjoy!
Love and Prayers,
Eileen

Scrapally said...

Glad to hear the kids had fun. It was a lot of work putting on the prom but so totally worth it! It was great to see so many modest and wonderful youth! You are blessed to have so many grandchildren close by..and they are ALL adorable!! Thanks for sharing them with us.

cristie said...

nothing is quite as happy as a jumping photo. xox

Ammy said...

What a fun idea...a Modest Prom. Our ward has 17 young men and 2 young women, so I don't know how that would work here. The twins are growing up too fast!

Grandma Honey said...

It wouldn't work as a ward here either Ammy. It was done on a stake level. I remember having one of these when I was a teenager. Also, I'm not sure if it is actually called a Modest Prom...but that's what I call it :)

Rebecca said...

what cute and smart kids!!!!

Kris said...

That prom is such a great idea! And Mr. Austin looks so handsome! Wow, lots of fun things happening this past week in the family.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...