Easter weekend 1985

Going back 26 years, this was one of our annual Easter egg hunts in 1985. 

Before the video, take note:
1. Sorry if baby McKay seems like the star of it, but his Dad was filming so what can I say?

2. The pregnant one is me.

3. Lindsay still has the same determination.

4. It amazes me to think the little baby at the very end is expecting her FIFTH baby in July! 

5. I love the pretty red dress my sister Robin is wearing.Where are her 5 children you ask? They haven't been born yet.

6. Don't know where the rest of the family was that day. 
Except for the many still in heaven.

7. I have since learned to end songs more subtly, and not so abrupt. I'm a work in progress.


It is good to see my Mom again...  I miss her!
She passed from this life exactly 4 years ago today. 
If she did not make it to heaven, no one will. 



If you want to see more of her, go here for a video glimpse of her as our Mom.
Or go here for a message she left us, and pictures of us all together.

17 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

I love this. It almost made me cry. I love that dress of Robin's too. I wore it once at Halloween. I dressed up as Olive Oly.

Annette said...

oh how sweet was that watching this. I loved it... and what a CUTE pregnant women you are! McKay! lol what a cutie! Just smiling away. Loved the sun suits the little girls were wearing... so many fun memories.

Tyler Heasley said...

Maybe it's just me, but I like watching your videos without the music in the background. I never like background music for videos or websites. (Just my opinion, I know.)

But I love seeing these videos you post from the past. Lots of awesome memories at that house.

Nate and Julie said...

Thanks for sharing! I love seeing all the styles in the 80s and of course it's fun to see everyone when they were so much younger. I miss those Easter egg hunts. They were always a highlight of the year!

Mar~ said...

Oh my goodness! How touching!
Really beautiful footage and I love hearing Karen Carpenter singing along! Made me teary and I don't even know most of these sweet people!

Dad and Susan said...

This is beautiful--pictures and music. Thanks for the revisits to the previous posts too. We were both tearful. We know your mother was exceptional as evidenced by her loving children and devoted husband. Love, Dad and Susan

Susan Anderson said...

I watched it all and cried through the whole thing.

Such a beautiful family!

=)

McKay said...

Thanks Mom! I love these videos. You are wonderful.

McKay

grandmapeg said...

I absolutely love the music in the background and this song just made the video!!! It was fun to see the "younger" version of your mom. What a fun family tradition and I'm sure your boys and their cousins have fun watching these videos of when they were children. McKay still has that 'charming' smile :-)

McKenna Heasley said...

I loved, loved this video! I agree with the red dress comment, I love it, and you looked so cute pregnant! I also loved seeing McKay, he is so cute and he still looks just like that! I hope when we come to Clovis this summer we can take some time to watch family videos.

Richard said...

Really great! Thank you!!

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

I loved your video...I can still hear your mother's voice in my mind. Such lovely memories.

Karen Mortensen said...

Who is the girl in the blue pants and shirt? Is that Robin? Can't think of who else it might be.

Grandma Honey said...

The girl in blue with pigtails is Robin Groff. I regret I didn't put her name on.

grandmapeg said...

I'm trying this again to see if I have to "preview" first before it posts. You don't have to put this in your comments.

Grandma Honey said...

So did you?

grandmapeg said...

Yes, I had to preview it. I explained more in my email.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...