6 random thoughts this Christmas week:
1. This week Hailey wrote Santa a letter, the first line read,
"I know this is a lot to ask you but I know you can do it."
2. I got a new kitchen sink and I am so excited!!! For the first time in 20 years I can actually soak my dishes. Even when we moved into this house new 20 years ago, the sink stopper never worked. We bought numerous stoppers through the years, but nothing would keep that water from going right back down the drain.
3. When the checker lady at Traders asked us about our family we started talking about our soon to be 18th grandchild. She gave us the oddest look...like she just could not figure out why we were so happy about that. Then another lady standing behind us winked and smiled as if to say, "I get it even if she doesn't." I love people who wink and smile!
4. A dear friend at church put a book in my hand a few weeks ago and said, "Read this, you'll like it." I read to chapter 5 when I got busy. Den saw it, read the whole thing and LOVED IT. With that advertisement, and because I had an infected toe, I read the rest of it. Den said it reminded him of both the good, and disappointment of Christmas past. We both saw it as a story on overcoming trials and thinking beyond ones self.
6. I want to wish you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Yes, YOU.
Thank you for reading, even on this very special busy day.