This one is dedicated to Mom and Dad in Arizona

My first husband's parents are all alone this 4th of July in Fountain Hills. Arizona. We wish they could be with us today for our barbecue and fireworks.

Since they can't, I have put a few videos below, so they can atleast see some of their great grandchildren. These were both taken very recently.

But first, a few favorite pictures of the past:


LOVE this one below.
I think this was in the 1950s in their home with their sons, Jim and Bill (my sons' father)



I think this one was taken in the 1940s


On their 50th anniversary
Now on to their great grandchildren


My little granddaughter use to say "hi" about a year or so ago, but then she quit. Guess she had enough of talking. Well suddenly she is back saying it again. Makes us all happy but especially her sister Elora.



I got to take care of the twins yesterday for about 2 1/2 hours.
Macie put Téa in the playroom crib as if she were a live doll.
Come to think of it, Téa is a live doll. We didn't even try Jonas in this doll crib, he never would have fit. He's become quite buff looking.

Amy was such in a hurry to take her other kids to the movies, that by the time she fed them both, she put the wrong outfits on the babies. I don't know how she does all that she does, and always with a smile on her face. She is such a good mother.


9 comments:

grandmapeg said...

Jill...this is absolutely adorable! I love the way Cami says hi and wants to hold on to Elora's hands! Those girls are so cute! I thought there was a mix up on the onesies when I first saw Téa so thanks for clearing that up. They are growing by leaps and bounds! I'm sure Bill's parents will be excited to see these video clips of the great grandkids. Thanks for sharing your 'twins time' :-)

Grandma Honey said...

Well Peggy, I changed the last video since you commented. I could stand my squeaky voice no longer. This other one isn't quite as bad.

Grandma Honey said...

On second thought...no, my voice is still too hyper. My grandchildren tend to bring this out in me.

grandmapeg said...

Jill...this really made me smile! I like the music. Téa is really getting into the dance and Jonas is the normal male...a little slower to get into dancing :-) This is great and your voice is like mine when I try to talk and get some reaction out of my grandbabies. We are always critical of hearing our own voices. You did great Grandma Honey! Love it, love it, love it!

Lisa said...

Those grandparents in AZ are such a handsome couple! I can see where the posterity gets their good looks on both sides of the family. Very nice.

The children are just as precious as ever! I didn't see the video so I'll have to do that after I'm done commenting. : )

Lucky you! Watching the twins sounds like sheer heaven.

darlene said...

The twins are starting to look more alike, no?

Eileen said...

First, I think grandmapeg is right, we never like hearing our own voices! I remember the first time I heard mine I didn't believe it was me, and I also agree that we tend to get that really high-pitched voice when around the little ones! But you know, they all seem to like it!

I loved these pictures and videos and I'm sure the great-grandparents will too, that was sweet of you to do this for them. I adore Cami! I just loved her 'Hi!', so sweet. And the twins are really each coming into their own! She looks like all girl and he looks like all boy. I wonder if their personalities will be like that when they get older too.
This was a wonderful post.
All your grandchildren are so beautiful.

Karen Mortensen said...

I love the pictures of Bill's parents. Tyler looks like Grandpa.

I loved Cami saying hi. She is so adorable.

The twins are adorable too even if they are wearing the wrong clothes. At least they are dressed. LOL

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Looks like Cami was really enjoying herself, so sweet to hear her say hi. The twins are too cute for words! Happy day after the 4th!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...