She keeps me entertained.

Grandma Honey loves Early Release Day Wednesdays

Sorry about all the Lucky Charms near your feet Elora.  
Grandpa Dennis bought his supply last night and forgot to bring them in the house.

Our first stop is Target where she wants to read the chair labels. 



Elora sees a boy from school.  She told me he got suspended.  I asked,  "Why??"
 She motioned her eye brow towards him and said,  "You can see why." 
Sure enough he was causing all sorts of trouble while his mother was yelling at him.  Poor kid.

"I wish Mommy would buy me these shorts." 

 "Look Grandma Honey, that sign is so not true!"
My question is, how could she even notice that sign way up there?
 "I have lots of energy today because yesterday I slept in til 9:26"
(I guess those sleep ins keep her going for 2 days.)

 
Gotta dance at Jamba Juice!

Elora is very close to her Mom.  
She wanted to tell her all about our day so far. 
After the call, she told me:
"My parents spoil me. 
I hope they never stop.  
A girl can get use to it!"
(Actually, I think that was her way of saying her parents are really good to her.)

 

 Erin had a prior commitment, but Brock and Cam were able to meet us at IHOP for dinner. 
 Elora told her Dad about seeing that boy from school at Target, who got suspended.  She told him,
"When he was suspended his Mom went to the principal's office and broke the principal's pencil sharpener."
Her dad asked her,  "How do you know that?  Did you see it?
"No, but Mrs. S video taped it.  And then all the classes got to watch it on TV." 
Somehow I don't think so.
Someday Elora will be a creative writer.

Before we left IHOP Elora asked Brock,  "Daddy do I come from your side of the family or Mommy's side of the family?"

I love Wednesdays!

12 comments:

grandmapeg said...

I love Elora's question to her dad about which side of the family she came from :-) I can see why you enjoy having her around so much!! She is very entertaining. It looks like she had another great afternoon with Grandma Honey!

Karen Mortensen said...

You just gotta love Elora. she is really something.
I doubt that they played the video for the whole school to see. That would be a law suit waiting to happen. However, I do believe that the mother could have broken the pencil sharpener. Parents somtimes....
I can't believe you let Dennis eat Lucky Charms. I guess he has to have one thing, huh?
Love her question. Are you writing a book? You could make some money. I want to write a book like that someday with some other teachers. Kids really say funny things.

Anonymous said...

This post is SO ENJOYABLE! We got such a kick out of it. We've majorly missed "Elora-isms" lately, so now we're satisfied for awhile. Love, Dad and Susan

Mama Pea said...

Elora has the most fabulous glasses and charisma ever! And her grandma is a stellar storyteller. And I am a poet, and now you know it.

Brock said...

Looking at these pictures and hearing about your day, I suddenly realize why I am so tired every night!! I will have to work on those shorts.
Erin

kelly said...

She is really such a cute and funny girl. The way you write about her reminds me of my grandma and how she feels about me. She is lucky to have you, and Wednesdays too.

Rebecca said...

Ha ha! This totally made my day! I LOVE hearing all of these comments about Elora. She is so full of life and............I can see why you love Wednesdays!!!

darlene said...

Awww...what a sweetie!

Amy Nielson said...

She is so dang cute! I love reading about her and getting to know her through your blog. Love her cute bracelet. She also seems to always treat her sister so well.

Lisa said...

All I can say is that if I had a granddaughter like Elora I would LOVE Wednesdays too & if I could have a granddaughter, I would hope that she is JUST LIKE ELORA.

IHOP for dinner sounded interesting & what a joy to have CAMI & BRock join ya. Fun times for Grandma Honey indeed!

Susan Anderson said...

She is such a lovable character. I so enjoy your posts about her.

=)

Valerie said...

What a cute (and funny)girl!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...