This is Austin's big day

Austin was born 14 years ago today!
9lbs, 8 oz, and was 22 1/2 inches long. Whew!

He already looks like a 'man in the making' in this picture,
and he was only 4 weeks old!
Watch him grow through the years.


Austin was just 9 when we first met him.
I noticed right away how polite he was, and what a gentleman.

Taken the first day I met them.

He is very even tempered, easy to get along with.
I am particularly impressed at how kind and patient he is with his brother and sisters.

Austin likes water polo, swimming, guitar and hanging out with friends. He is presently spending much of his time at play practice,
as Austin has the part of Grandpa Joe in Willy Wonka.
Mark your calendars for April 17th as that will be opening night at the MET.
Easy for me to remember because that is the day Logan turns 30. :)
We wish you a very Happy Birthday Austin!!
We love you, and we are proud of you!

10 comments:

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Happy Birthday Autin!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Austin! These are great pictures of you. We're so happy you're part of this family. Jill, you do such a great job of chronicling each birthday and showing your love for each person. We love your blogs. Love, Dad and Susan

Karen Mortensen said...

Happy Birthday Austin. Even though I have never met you I think you are a great kid. I am impressed that you are in a play. I always wanted to do that but was always too nervous. Good luck.

We all need to know something Jill/Amy. Anytime you write about Amy's kids it is always said how polite and nice they are. How do they/you do it????

grandmapeg said...

I think these pictures show that he was a cute, cute baby and grew into a handsome young man. I'm sure he makes his parents proud too. Happy Birthday to Austin!

Kris said...

Happy birthday Austin! We haven't met...yet, but you are sure a cute kid! It was great to read more about you!

Brock said...

Happy Happy Birthday Austin!!! I think that you should come over and play video games!
Erin

Anonymous said...

April 17th? I'll have to mark my calander. I don't want to miss the play.

Logan

Grandma Honey said...

And just think Logan, you will be bringing the twins with you!

Lisa said...

Grandma Peg echoed my thoughts completely! I hope to meet this fine young, handsome man someday! I'm going to try & see that play at the MET too! What a great thing to play Grandpa Joe & Willy Wonka? Double Awesome. I'm totally impressed by his multi-faceted talents! Happy Birthday!

Logan and Amy said...

Thank you everyone.
AUSTIN

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...