5 random pictures I found


Dennis worked for 30 years with LAPD. 20 of those years he spent in the narcotics division. So here is a pile of cocaine and marijuana he had to photograph back then I remember when we were dating sometimes he would get calls late at night if they confiscated some drugs and he would have to drive back to work.

Keep in mind that these pictures have nothing to do with each other. I just found them while looking for something else. Isn't that the way it always is?


The next one was very faded, but Amy Burbidge worked on it and brought it to life. (Thanks Amy!!)

I made all these dresses for my sisters and I. Lest you think I am this great seamstress, I was not. My sisters had the sewing talent. I had no patience for it. And you should have seen my seams. Probably why I had all boys. But I was proud I at least finished these dresses.

Interesting how tall I seem in this picture.
At 5'5", I turned out to be the shortest one of my 7 siblings.
I don't ever remember having the attitude below. Maybe I did.
I have no idea what year this was. Obviously we know the month.
This looks nothing like the tall girl in the picture above
(Amy fixed this picture, too...before she did, you could barely see it.)

I thought this was one of the cutest birth announcements I had ever received. Julianna is 10 now, and my friend Barbara and her family moved a few years back, so I'm certain it does no harm showing their old address. This was just taken as a photo, put in an envelope and sent. Oh and on the outside of the envelope was her little footprint (stamped on using an ink pad). So with great anticipation I opened it up. Julianna was their first daughter after 5 sons!
Oh and I had to include this picture of my Tyler Wyler.
He started in 4th grade I think it was ...helping with the sound for the school plays at Redbank Elementary. Terry, our good neighbor next door got him involved in it initially. Then eventually in the 5th or 6th grade he started handling it all himself. He loved it! I would come and sit in the back just to watch Tyler flip those switches!

9 comments:

amyburb said...

Go see my blog--I did something for you!

Mary said...

I often wonder what people did back before photographs. They just bring back a flood of memories, don't they?

grandmapeg said...

I loved seeing these pictures again. You showed them to me during one of my trips, except for the picture of your friend's baby. I love the "attitude" picture of you. YOU GO GIRL!!!!
:-))))

Lisa said...

I have to be honest. I can't see the images of the "old" photos however it would have been nice to see your attitude and those dresses! Darn!

Tyler as usualy looks cool and Dennis' job must have been an ongoing deal. Get it?

Nice post.

Dennis said...

Fortunately, I was able to give up that bad habit.

-Den

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the birth announcement! What a clever idea! I wish I had thought of that... now I'm going to have to have another baby!!
-Marianne

Richard said...

Dennis garage sure was a mess before he met you. I guess you brought out the best in Mr. Wonderful!

Karen Mortensen said...

All of those pictures are something else. I never knew Dennis was like that. I am glad he is okay now. Ha Ha. I love that picture of you and your sisters. That is so cute.
How did that lady make that birth announcement? That is really something.

the Rich girl said...

Tyler is the best.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...