Best Ever Minestrone

That's what it's called.  Recipe in a sec.


First, I want to show who it came from:

Sorry, but this is the best picture I have of Wendy Alba. Taken the day she taught the girls yoga.


We've been teaching our YW (girls in our church ages 12-18) about Divine Nature this month.  The importance of being a good wife and mother, how to take care of a home, and the rich blessings that come with that.


So last Sunday Wendy gave a lesson focusing more on the importance of taking care of a home and family.  For part of her display she had her recipe file, packed with you guessed it, RECIPES.  After the class I asked her if she had any good ones that are non dairy and she pulled out BEST EVER MINESTRONE.  I quickly copied it down in my Daytimer. 

Not that I lack recipes but I am forever wanting to try new ones.  I made this last night and it was so good!  Comfy food. I served it with cornbread and it was perfect.


So I thought I would share.

Here it is.  It's very kid friendly too. No chunks of tomato in it. Wendy has 3 little ones. Den does not like to see chunks of tomatoes either.  Wendy says its an old family recipe that came via her Mom


Wendy Alba's Best Ever Minestrone Soup

lb hamburger
1-2 carrots shredded
2 stalks celery, diced
1/2 onion, diced

Fry this all together, and then add:

28 oz canned tomatoes (whirl in a blender first)
1 qt water
2 lrg carrots, sliced
2-8 oz cans tomato sauce
2 c beef broth (I used one can)
1 T parsley leaves
1/2 T oregano leaves
1/4 t pepper
1/2 t garlic salt
can garbanzo beans, drained
can red kidney beans, drained
can green beans, drained
2 c dry Mostaccioli pasta

You don't even cook the pasta separately!  Bring to a boil and then just simmer 15-20 minutes until the pasta is done.
My only note would be to add salt to the hamb mixture, and more salt to the soup if you want it.

We loved it and hope you do to!
This is saying a lot because we hardly ever eat beef. 

I'm really proud of myself that I've learned to make computer arrows today!

6 comments:

W said...

Thanks for sending me your blog. I think the picture is funny. I'm so glad you liked it.

Karen Mortensen said...

That sounds great. So easy I think I could do it.

Would you please share your new found knowledge of how to make those arrows?

Grandma Honey said...

I don't know if it is just part of our new computer, or if most people have it. I just right click a picture and then all this stuff pops up that you can do to the picture.

Susan Rozier said...

Thanks for another great recipe. Sounds wonderful. I think I'll make it for the missionaries next week. I seldom use ground beef also. Love, Susan

Rachelle said...

This recipe looks yummy---thanks for sharing!

Susan Anderson said...

Sounds tasty, and I like that you don't have to cook the pasta first!

=)

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...