"You will get your legs...


The tabernacle back in 1897.
The only way you could see it was in person.
Now look at us, it is televised worldwide.

We so enjoyed watching part 1 of our General Conference on TV today. This is where the leaders of our church in Salt Lake City instruct us twice a year, in April and October. Part 2 will be tomorrow!

I loved the talks today. One story in particular stands out to me.

Elder Neil L. Andersen shared this:


"Hadley Pay is now 7 years old. Hadley was born with a very serious hearing impairment that required extensive surgery to bring even limited hearing. Her parents followed with tireless training to help her learn to speak. Hadley and her family have cheerfully adapted to the challenges of her deafness.


Once when Hadley was 4, she was standing in the check out line in the grocery store with her mother. She looked behind her and saw a little boy sitting in a wheel chair. She noticed that the boy did not have legs. Although Hadley had learned to speak, she had difficulty controlling the volume of her voice. In her louder voice she asked her mother why the little boy did not have legs. Her mother quietly and simply explained to Hadley that Heavenly Father makes all of his children different. "Okay," Hadley replied.


Then unexpectedly Hadley turned to the little boy and said, "Did you know that when Heavenly Father made me my ears did not work? That makes me special. He made you with no legs and that makes you special. When Jesus comes I will be able to hear, and you will get your legs."


Jesus will make everything all right. 'Except ye become as little children ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven'. Hadley knew enough. Jesus is the Christ. He is resurrected. He is our Saviour and Redeemer. "

I love the faith of little Hadley.
She knows, it is just so simple to her.
She knows that little boy will get his legs.

I think of people who I know who have the faith a little child. Sometimes it is just so easy to feel like we are smothered by the complexities of life. It is wonderful to be reminded of our focus.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you get this?

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Jill. Although we did have a good time in SF, we really missed the spirit and messages of conference. We have them on DVR which will be our first order of business tomorrow. Love, Dad and Susan

Travelin'Oma said...

Thanks for your encouraging comment on my blog!

I loved the story of Hadley, too. As I listened to conference I thought how lucky we are to be able to watch and be part of it all from our own homes, and still feel such unity with people all over the world.

The Gage Cage said...

I wasn't able to see that session. What a sweet story. I know it's true! We will all "get our legs" someday!

Unknown said...

I'm away from home now, but reading your rellection on G.C> really brings back the Spirit of Conference. What a great weekend, huh? It just gets more and more amazing as the years go on. Thanks for the recap. I can never hear the inspired words of God enough! : )

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...