She stole her own car

This is a story I've been thinking about all week since I first read about it.

It happened to my cousin Kathy's daughter, Amanda, a wife and mom to 3 little boys.



Her car was stolen a few weeks ago, or so she thought.




Here is her story.



"Yeah, so, um, I'm a big dork. But let's start at the beginning...
The police department called this morning to let us know they found our Ford Focus wagon, which was reported stolen last week, in the Barnes and Noble parking lot a mile away from our house...

Click here to continue story

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. That sounds like something I would do.

Anonymous said...

Is this really one of your relatives? She sounds like someone I can relate to! She's interested in the same kinds of things I am. (I read more of her blog) What a cool woman!

Grandma Honey said...

Yep. She is my cousin's daughter. Her mom and I would spend part of most summers together growing up. Seems now I only see my cousin (her mom) at funerals. :(
I like Amanda's blog too.

Mary said...

Now THAT is a laugh riot!

Logan and Amy said...

This was a great laugh. I can see how that could happen. I have meet someone somewhere and then decided to leave my car and go in theirs. If it wasn't for the person driving, I would have forgotten my car and have had them take me home.
Amy

The Gage Cage said...

How FUNNY!

Ashley said...

This sounds like something I would do for sure!! Haha... I loved the story!! Thats what happens when you have kids! You forget things... at least thats what I have heard.

Anonymous said...

So Ashley, what are those of us without kids in the home excuse???

kelly said...

That is so funny. It reminds me of the time I took the kids to get their picture taken at JC Penney in Fashion Fair Mall. I parked in the front and when I came out I walked all over that parking lot with the kids in tow sweating and starting to cry and panick, called Tyler, then I looked up toward Shaw, only it wasn't Shaw, I had come out the back way. I am such a dork!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...