Inside of Robin and Dave's house

My sister lives less than a mile from our home. Den and I went over last night to take more pictures. I started with 2 photos in a post 2 days ago.

Her husband Dave built this house, and Robin of course put all the personal touches on it. Together they make a great team. So, here are some more of my favorite parts of their home.

Click any picture you want to see larger.

As Robin points out to me, this wall of awards are not necessarily full of top place wins. In fact, she estimated 90% of these plaques were just for participating in a sport or activity, etc. But what a great display.
Robin has her desk right off the front door. I really wonder how much she actually works at it being it is so spotlessly clean, always. Notice her name plate from when she was secretary before she got married.

They call this garage sale find, their "vintage phone". The kids had to actually learn how to dial it. Her modern children did not realize at first that you need to bring your finger all the way to the bottom each time. Sorry, but this does not look vintage to me.
Nice handy display of snacks on the kitchen counter.Robin looked a long while before she found this great mechanism to rotate canned foods in her pantry.

On another shelf in her pantry. Click it to see her labels.


Her baking section
She found some of these containers at garage sales.
Think she has enough food storage, for emergencies, in her garage?
Other storage in their garage. All labeled and easy to find.
She found this cute desk for McKenzie at a garage sale. I think Robin goes garage sailing just about every Saturday when the weather is good.



Robin made McKenzie's name out of painted Popsicle sticks.

What boy would not want a sword in his room?
Davey brought this home from the stake musical he was in last year.

Look how they made a shelf for his room out of a ski.
The shoe part of it, serve as the book ends.


Oh how I love the plaque below!




Robin found this mannequin at another garage sale. Brooke uses it to put her outfit on that she plans to wear the next day. I guess this little black number just stays on it during the weekends?

Have you ever seen a more organized hall closet?
A picture she keeps on her wall of our Dad and his brother Gene, taken in the 1930s.
Three of Robin's favorite books displayed by the fireplace.


Robin is the only one I know who wears red, white, and blue when she goes out to vote. She is also the only one I know who keeps a big flag by her front door.

The last picture did not come out the best (because of the photographer), but don't you love the teeny tiny door they have up top? That is Davey's face coming to greet us.

Hope you enjoyed the tour!

18 comments:

Marco Costa said...

Excellent blog!

Anonymous said...

for the record, its more than a mile.

Logan

Rebecca said...

Wow I am so impressed with her organization skills. It has inspired me and given me some good ideas! PS, my Jake has that same picture of Jesus in his room.

Grandma Honey said...

Logan...they have moved. Now they live less than a mile from us. But I will go chart it out on my car to be sure :)

grandmapeg said...

WOW!!!!! All I can say is that Robin has to be THE organization queen!! I am envious of her organization skills. It gives me something to shoot for. I love this post!! So, is Robin in your ward now?

Lisa said...

Grandma Peg seems to say what I'm thinking. Now...you need to tell us where she found those rotating storage things & how she set them up!

I'll say that I LOVED this tour! I kind of got weepy. I think it's because she "models" what I dream about. I guess I'm just lazy with no vision, but after seeing that what she's done is POSSIBLE..I'm going to endeavor towards Robin's vision.

It goes with our scripture & the one the Lord gave me in 2000 yet I'm still work in progress.

D&C: 88:119 Organize yourself, Prepare for every needful thing, even a house- a house of order, a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of Glory, a house of order a house of God. Robin's house resonates that scriptures and it is ALL possible! Very Cool.

Lisa said...

COrrection: Establish a house.

Amy Nielson said...

Very impressive! I wish my house was that organized. I could learn a lot from her. :)

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or has anyone else had the problem of the song from the entry about little Cam-cam coming on every time I open this blog? It seems to be stuck on play!
Inspiring entry, this!

Grandma Honey said...

Darlene...Glad you told me that. I had no idea. I'll remove it. Thank you! :)

Karen Mortensen said...

Wow! Isn't Robin wonderful. She is a girl after my own heart. I love organizing. I really like how she lables everything.

Did she tell you that the plaque was made and given to her by her wonderful, terrific, great sister-in-law? I almost kept it.

When did they get that phone? That is so cool. It doesn't look vintage to me either. We had one just like it once.

You need to go back and do another tour. You need to take pictures of all the signs and notes etc. that she has all over the house to give subtle messages to her kids. Or how sometimes she hangs sight words or time table flash cards from the chandelier.

Can you all tell that I think Robin is awesome? Smartest thing my brother ever did was marrying her. Thanks David.

Anonymous said...

After MANY attempts, we are now able to get into this comment section! (Frustration City!) We are so in awe of Robin and her super organizational skills. I'm a "Wannabe Robin." I attempt organizing here and there, but have not achieved her success. Thanks for this wonderful post. Love, Dad and Susan

Karen Mortensen said...

Oh, I forgot one great thing that Robin does. I now do it because of her. She closes food bads with regular clothes pins. It works great.

Richard said...

Wow, that's impressive. It's hard to believe we're even related sometimes. She's coming to stay with us for a few days in April, I hope our messes don't throw her into an identity crisis.

Ronnell said...

We bought the can rotation system from Shelf Reliance last year and we love it! My pantry is much more organized that it was before. The only problem we have found is one of our grandsons likes to "play" with and rearrange the cans so we have to lock the door when he comes over. :-)

Richard said...

You mean there is food in those cans? That makes it even more impressive.

TeresaL said...

Wow! I'm impressed! That is so awesome! She could be a professional organizer! I also have a shelf reliance can organizer. I LOVE it!

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Wow! Now I now I need help! Honestly, I've never seen such organization in all my life. She had set quite a standard. Was Robin like this when she was little?

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...