No age discrimination here

What a fun night we had last Friday. Paul and Krista Gage invited us to dinner with some other couples from our ward, to celebrate Paul's 33rd birthday. We are old enough to be most of their parents. Dennis was afraid they would say things like, "Isn't it about time for you to go home and soak your dentures?" But no one said anything like that. They treated us just like everyone else there. And by the way, we don't have dentures.

Paul said he was a little disappointed that Dennis was so quiet...unlike the early church meetings they use to attend together. But Den always gets quiet about that time every night. We didn't eat til near 9pm, and that is about the time we usually start winding down for the night.

We all went to a new restaurant, one we had never been to before. Yosemite Ranch. It had a rustic friendly feel to it. The food was great. And we loved the sweet potato fries and rolls before dinner. They actually had non dairy mashed potatoes which was a real treat for me. I haven't been able to eat restaurant mashed potatoes in years and years because they are always made with cream or milk.

The conversation was the best.
That is always my favorite part of any event.
What great people to spend an evening with.

I am showing 2 pictures here,
because the first one I can't even see Krista in the picture.

Todd Dunning, Danny and Denise Sampson, Jason and Katrina Reider,
Krista and Paul Gage, me and Dennis, Tracey Dunning.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun. That is so neat that we can have friends of any age. One of my best friends is 65 and I am only 48. It really doesn't matter what your age is.
Did you tell them all about the lemmons? I am not sure I saw any on the table.

Grandma Honey said...

KAREN...You make me laugh! Well no, I don't think I mentioned the lemons. I try not to spread my news around too much :))

Anonymous said...

Dear Jill,

How fun! We love to eat at Yosemite Ranch. They have a to die for salad two little steaks that we always order. We share and still have leftovers. It looks like a fun group. Age doesn't matter--well, maybe sometimes. We would have been asleep at 9:00 p.m.

Love, Dad and Susan

Anonymous said...

I thought you guys were great fun and I'm sorry you had to miss Lawrence Welk to attend.
We must get along so well because I'm rather mature for my age :) Or you guys are immature for yours =0 I am sorry we had to keep Dennis out so late but I could tell you (Jill) were starting to cut loose, but the dancing on the table might have been a bit much.
Thank you guys for the book, and later when I tell a one-liner you can take pleasure in knowing you contributed to my smart aleck mouth.
I had a wonderful time and was grateful for all of the high quality people who would spare a night out with Krista and I.

Paul

Richard said...

Love your blog...keep it up!

The Gage Cage said...

Jill you crack me up! We feel lucky to have friends like you. thank you for being such good company, except for breaking to "ABSOLUTELY NO GIFTS" rule. Your gift was AWESOME though. So perfect for Paul. We love you guys and I am so glad you came. We feel extra special now because we're on your FAMOUS blog.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I am glad to have you as a friend as well...AGE DOES NOT MATTER!!!!
It was good to see Danny and Denise Sampson. John and I were trying to remember people from that ward (our "home" ward...we still call it that even though it's not MY home ward) and we couldnt think of Bro Sampson's name...Now we remember. We miss that ward.

AMMY

kelly said...

One of my favorite things to do is to go out to lunch or dinner with my mom and "our" friends. We think it's funny that we can have such a good time and find so many things that we can relate to when there are so many years between some of us. Also, as I get older and still feel very young, I realize that other people probably still feel like that too!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...