Embryos


Amy got a call from the doctor this morning saying that 11 of the 13 eggs from yesterday have made it to embryos. So they have only lost 2 so far, which is good.

The implantation is set for Wednesday morning at 9:30. The first in-vitro they did last year, they implanted 2. The 2nd time they implanted 4 but they were frozen ones and the odds are not as good with frozen. This time they will implant 4 fresh ones. I feel a little odd writing this all down in my blog, but this is our life right now.

On another note, we finally took Chandler out for his birthday dinner tonight.

He is such a good kid. So polite, so sweet, and so appreciative. We really enjoyed him.

5 comments:

grandmapeg said...

Chandler sure looks a lot like Amy I think. You didn't mention how old he is. He sure is a handsome boy! I can see where he will have all of the girls after him! This is great that you spotlight each of your family members on their birthday. Tell Amy good luck with the embryos!
Peggy

Nana Connie said...

Thanks Grandma Honey for the video on Louis Brown, 'test tube baby.'

She was born exactly a month before I had Shelley, Kenz's mother. I remember it like it was yesterday.

I am praying for your daughter-in-law to have success tommorrow.

Your grandson looks like a great guy. I love those qualities, polite, sweet and appreciative, those are blessings!

Grandma Honey said...

Thank you for the comment Connie. Wasn't the first "test tube" baby such a shock to us all back then? I remember I was in my car the first time I heard it over the radio. And then I remember looking at pictures of the baby Louise Brown in total awe. Little did I know what my son and daughter in law would be up against 30 years later!

Rebecca said...

This is all very interesting, and I will be praying for them that they will have success and a baby....or two! Let us know how it goes.

The Gage Cage said...

You and Dennis are so supportive! I am lucky just to know you! I hope Amy and Logan have good things in store!

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...