Only a MAN would do this

Talk about sweet! Don't know this person and not my story, but just wanted to share anyways...


My sweet protector.

So, I cry in my sleep. Not every night, but several times a month I wake up (or don't) sobbing from a dream I've had. I've been like this since I was a little girl and it didn't take long being married for Joey to discover this (I guess I should have warned him). Usually sitting up, turning on a lamp and talking to someone makes me feel better. Which he quickly learned.

Well last night I was suddenly awakened by my second braxton hicks (scary!) and I couldn't sleep for a while after that. Having just watched "ps. I love you" I felt the need to be much closer to him. So I snuggled in and began sniffing (me pg = constant congestion). Well he quickly sat up (in the dark) and started touching my face, specifically my eyes. It was so sweet, he was checking to see if I had tears. As soon as he realized my eyes were dry he slumped back down and went to sleep.

I stayed up for at least another hour after that, and I just marveled at my sweet, adoring husband. Who would wake up from his hard sleep (worked 14 hours yesterday) just to make sure I didn't need him.

I sure love this man.

ps the movie "ps I love you" is SOOOO good! but don't watch it alone. I watched it with Joey and bawled all the way through it!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

What a cute story! I always love hearing those kind of stories!


Im so glad you liked our invite pictures!! That makes me happy to hear! TJ's stands for Tahoe Joes. Wyatt works at the Tahoe Joes on Shaw and Marks.. (kind of a long drive from our side of the town). If you and your hubby ever want to go on a date.. go to his tahoes and ask for him. He will hook you up if you tell him who you are and that you know me!! :)

xoxo

The Gage Cage said...

That is one sweet guy. I feel a little sorry for him. It sounds like she does a good job of showing appreciation.

Grandma Honey said...

I know what you mean Krista. I felt a little sorry for him too. It's like it is a regular thing in their home to comfort his wife in the middle of the night. But I love the way he just reaches out a hand to feel if she has tears. No tears so he goes back to sleep.

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...