Thursday, July 3, 2008

Another unexpected hospital visit

Brock and Erin were on their way to Huntington Beach late this afternoon where they had planned on spending this July 4th weekend with Erin's parents. Cami (age 3) had a seizure along the way and is now in a hospital in Visalia. The Dr there is trying to decide whether this is part of her mitochondrial disease or if it is related to the fever she now has. For now, she is going to stay in the hospital overnight. If they determine it is from the mitochondrial they will airlift her to San Francisco.

So consequently Dennis and I are trying to sit tight. Our first thought was to drive to Visalia. But if we do that, Cami may be going to SF, and that is in the opposite direction. Erin's Aunt Mary has arrived there as she does not live far from that hospital. We love Aunt Mary and we are so happy she is with them now. Dennis and I were just saying that everyone needs an Aunt Mary.

When I first heard this news a few hours ago my sister in law Wendy just happened to call. She said she heard Brock was in the hospital and wanted to know how he was doing. I told her that he seems fine but Cami is in the hospital now. Wendy told me that her daughter Robin will look after Cami. I hadn't thought of that. Just as she looks after Hailey. Thank you, Wendy.

I took this picture of Cami 3 days ago.
Of course her sister Elora is under the box.


Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about Cami. I was just thinking about her this morning and how sweet she is. Also, I can't wait to see her again. I will be thinking of her and she will be in my prayers. She is such a special, sweet and wonderful girl. I think of her as my buddy. Please let us know as you get information.

Kris said...

Oh, this was hard for me to read this morning. We're on our way to Oregon now. Please give me a call with an update when you can. Brock and Erin- you're in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jill, I did leave a comment about 20 minutes ago, but your dad told me it didn't go through.

We are sorry to hear this sad news. Hopefully all will be well. I mentioned before that since John and Suzanne live in Visalia I'm sure they could provide a place to stay if necessary. They are at Bass Lake but I'm sure they can be reached by cell phone.

We'll be watching for news, or you could call us. You will be in our prayers. Love, Susan and Dad

The Gage Cage said...

Oh no! Please keep us updated. Paul and I are going up to Handford later this afternoon to be with his pediatrician brother and family for the 4th. If you need anything sent up to the hospital in Visalia, or they need another priesthood holder please don't hesitate to let me know. Visalia is not to far out of the way. I hope all goes well!