A Happy Mother's Day

Today while attending church in Morgan Hill, I noticed a very blond little girl singing in the Primary choir. Blond wispy hair, petite body, and a very relaxed happy way about her. She reminded me so much of my mother at that age. From the pictures I mean. Actually from this picture taken in 1931 when my Mom was 2 years old.


There was just something about that little girl today. Or maybe it's because my Mom is on my mind so much today. Mother's Day to me, will always be dedicated to her.


I've read before, actually by Pope Paul VI:
"Every mother is like Moses.
She does not enter the Promised Land.
She prepares a world she will not see."


I also want to share a quote my mother loved, and so do I:

"A Young mother recounts: "It was one of the worst days. The washing machine broke down, the telephone kept ringing, my head ached, and the mail carrier brought a bill I had no money to pay. Almost to the breaking point, I lifted my one year old into his high chair, leaned my head against the tray, and began to cry. Without a word, my son took his pacifier out of his mouth and stuck it in mine."

Happy Mothers Day!!!

5 comments:

grandmapeg said...

What a great quote your mother told you. I also think of this day as always being dedicated to my mom. One of the best gifts a mother can give to her children is wonderful memories and I know you have tons of wonderful memories. I still remember when I met your mom for the first time and she gave me a hug before I could even introduce myself. She was very loving, a quality that she instilled in you...and that in return is a great gift back to your mother.
Peggy

The Gage Cage said...

I wnder which girl you saw. Maybe Lilly Cluff or her cousin Regan.

I loved both of those poems! Thanks for sharing!

Grandma Honey said...

No it wasn't anyone from our ward. We were in Morgan Hill today. But yes, Lily would be a good match for the girl we saw...even Regan but with blonder hair.

:) Jill

Logan and Amy said...

I enjoyed your quotes. That is such a cute picture of your mother.
-Amy

Anonymous said...

Your dad is wondering who grandmapeg is? All this time we've thought it was Peggy Kennington. Loved the quotes! Love, Susan

Look what happened last night

  Just a little pre-graduating gathering for our DIL Amy.... Not everyday a Mom of 7 and a Grandma of 7, graduates from college. It was not ...